Monday, September 24, 2007

first day

today was my first day of my job; in which i'm a custodian. i have to wake up at 5:30 am to make it to the schilling center at 6 and that's when work starts. I work from 6 am to 8:30 am. The janitor that i work with is Sue, and she's a very nice and sweet lady. She's from Pennsylvania and has three sons. She thought it was interesting that I'm from South Korea and we talked about many things such as the conflict between South Korea and North Korea, school, and a lil' bit about marriage. I cleaned the desks and boards with her help and she swept. I vacuumed the mats near the doors of the Teacher Education Hall. Even though I have to wake up at 5:30 am, I think i'll enjoy this job, especially the paychecks. But what's most important is improving my work ethic and meeting and building relationships with more people.

No comments: