Saturday, September 8, 2007

My decision

I've decided to take on Clayton King's challenge, which is to stay single for the rest of the school year. This process is going to take a lot of discipline, because I'm taking on this challenge but at the same time I "want" a girlfriend. One thing I learned in school and in my life is that there's a big difference between "wants" and "needs." I need food, clothing, shelter, love, and wisdom. I don't "need" a girlfriend to live my life, but I immensely and extremely "want" her. So, wants are things that you dont need to have to live your life. If people learn this, it'll help them out a lot. This is one reason why I stopped buying and playing video games, because I dont need to do it and after I stopped, I didn't even want to play them. It started my junior year when I noticed that the only things that I needed in my life was love, food, clothing, and shelter...not smoking, drinking, fornication, video games, an expensive cell phone, and an expensive mp3 player. Like I said before, God hasn't brought a few girls into my life where i could start a friendship with them since I've been at Liberty, so maybe this challenge is neccessary for me. Maybe God's trying to teach me something through this. And I'm not joking about this, not having a girlfriend at this point in my life can be considered as a tribulation. Maybe God is trying to tell me that there's some things I need to discover about myself to help me be who I am when I'm with my girlfriend/wife.

No comments: