Friday, September 7, 2007

Some things I'm Learning

Today in GNED class, we watched a video on a man discussing what a worldview is, nihilism, theocentric, anthropocentric, syncretism, and contradictions of beliefs and morals. All of these topics were interesting to me, but what got me going was when the man discussed syncretism. Syncretism is the indiscriminant blending of concepts and ideas from opposing systems. I think this term may apply to a lot of people, but it definitely applies to me. I believe that God is a loving God, but sometimes when i'm feeling sad, down, or callous, i start to believe that God is unjust and harmful; that's a straight-up contradiction. The Bible says that women shouldn't have high position jobs in the Church such as a pastor, but i believe that they could, i mean why not? If they love the Lord and want to serve Him in that way to minister to His people, and if it's God's will it would happen. Why does God let women be Pastors, if in His word, He abolishes it. There are a few more contradictions within me, but its to personal to blog about. I think we have blends of what we believe is true and of other things because, we want to live by the Truth, but at the same time our sinful nature influences us to live by worldly pleasures. We, then start to believe in the Truth and what the world is telling us is right and then it just makes your life a very difficult!

No comments: