Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Power of the Mind and Faith

I've been thinking about this title a lot and it's truly amazing and interesting. Our minds are really powerful and impacting. If we have a faith in something and we truly believe something with our mind, we make our own reality. For example, if I have a faith that God is a unjust God and is evil, the reality of my life is going to be based on that because that's what my mind believes. And of course our faith reveals itself in our actions. If I believe that God is evil and unjust, I'll most likely be an immoral person and hate Christians. It's basically the philosophy of the famous philosopher DeCarte(I think that's the correct way to spell his name, but I'm not sure) and his philosophy is "I think therefore, I am." The fact that we can make our own reality is scary, because people that desire to do evil things can unfortunately take advantage of that truth. Faith and our minds are just so powerful. Osama Bin Laden and all of the muslims that fought for him believe that they must kill everyone who isn't a believer of Islam, which is called a jihad. However, we all know that it is WRONG and a SIN if we murder someone. Yet, they believe that doing a jihad is good for their god, so that's why they desire to do it.
The power of faith and the mind is dangerous, so we must know what we are putting into our minds and what we have faith in because if we have those two wrapped in and around the wrong thing, we can do something tragic.

No comments: