Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rules

A rule is a standard which implies what’s right and wrong. There’s a saying, which is “Rules are meant to be broken.” People just say that to his or herself to give his or herself an excuse to break a rule. According to that saying, God created the Ten Commandments for us to willfully and unashamedly break them; that’s nonsense. God created the Ten Commandments for us to measure ourselves to it, abide by it, so that we can live joyful and righteous lives. I’m writing about this topic, because I break rules everyday in some way. For example, I drive my friend’s car quite often and I don’t have a permit or driver’s license. Rules are bugging me, because some rules seem unnecessary. For example, Virginia State’s law indicates that 18 years olds must hold a permit for 9 months and complete a state-approved driver’s education program to receive a license. This rule that Virginia has established is unnecessary and why don’t they honor International permits or licenses? I had a permit in Korea thinking that I could change it into a license when I go to college. I don’t want to hold my permit for 9 months and do a driver’s education program AGAIN. How am I going to find the time to complete the program while I’m in college? Why didn’t Virginia’s DMV think about the college students that don’t have license, and that has to do the program, work, and go to college at the same time. This rule is unnecessary. They should at least alter that rule to this: Any persons from the age of 18 and older must hold a permit for at least two months to receive a driver’s license. This rule gives every permit holder of the age 18 and older two long months to learn how to drive; two months is a lot of time to learn how to drive, because learning how to drive is easy. Although, God says to be subject to your authorities and there’s no other way I can get a license, so I have to get my permit and hold it for NINE months. May God give me patience with this rule.

No comments: