Thursday, September 6, 2007

Mesmerize

I started to play basketball when I was about 8 years old. I played for almost 9 years of basketball. I miss going to the gym on a daily basis and play basketball for three hours or more with my friends and other people that played at the gym. That time period is what my friend, Chung, and I call it the "good, old days." I miss playing at my high school. I played JV basketball at my public school, but when I transferred to a division 2 private school that position changed. I became the starting point guard for the varsity team and I had a lot of playing time. My junior year was the best year of my life for the sake of my basketball experience. I miss hearing my friends and teachers cheering us on. Being a leader of a basketball team was so great; I loved being the piont-guard and co-captain of my team. I had a lot of fun playing at my Christian high school. I learned a lot, because during the season God discipline me by spraining my ankles. And through that discipline, he told me to stop sinning and doing certain things. God let me tear my ACL and have knee surgery. I was so excited and ready to try to walk on the varsity basketball team at Liberty University, but I guess God had other plans for me. Things are turning out okay even though I can't play basketball, so i'm just hoping my life will become better throughout the school year.

No comments: